[Gluster-users] What is the corresponding op-version for a glusterfs release?

Atin Mukherjee atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 16:06:48 UTC 2016

-Atin
Sent from one plus one
On 20-Apr-2016 9:22 pm, "Dj Merrill" <gluster at deej.net> wrote:

> On 04/19/2016 05:42 PM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:
> >> After a brief search, I discovered the following solution for RHGS:
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2050753 It suggests updating the
op-version of the cluster after the upgrade. There isn't any evidence of
this procedure in the community documentation (except for in this mailing
list).

> > Although the op-version numbering is aligned with the release versions
> > but that doesn't go as a strict rule. If any new volume tunable option
> > is introduced between the release then the op-version is bumped up.
> > Between 3.7.7 and 3.7.9 releases there were no new options introduced
> > and hence the op-version goes as 30707 for 3.7.9 release.
>

> Curious, is there any reason why this isn't automatically updated when
> managing the updates with "yum update"?
This is still manual as we want to give users choose whether they want to
use a new feature or not. If they want, then a manual bump up is required.