[Gluster-users] What is the corresponding op-version for a glusterfs release?

Dj Merrill gluster at deej.net
Wed Apr 20 15:29:09 UTC 2016

On 04/19/2016 05:42 PM, Atin Mukherjee wrote:

>> > Unfortunately, nor 30709 or 30708 are valid op-version so I moved to 30707:
> Although the op-version numbering is aligned with the release versions
> but that doesn't go as a strict rule. If any new volume tunable option
> is introduced between the release then the op-version is bumped up.
> Between 3.7.7 and 3.7.9 releases there were no new options introduced
> and hence the op-version goes as 30707 for 3.7.9 release.

Curious, is there any reason why this isn't automatically updated when
managing the updates with "yum update"?

Just checked my system and it was set to "operating-version=2" even
though I have been on 3.7.x for awhile and just updated to 3.7.11.

I just ran "gluster volume set all cluster.op-version 30710" successfully.

What have I been missing all these years?  :-)

Thanks,

-Dj