[Gluster-users] Freezing during heal

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 23:38:44 UTC 2016

On 19/04/2016 12:47 AM, Krutika Dhananjay wrote:
> Oops, just realized 3.7.10 had a regression. Then 3.7.11 it is. :)

Wasn't the 3.7.10 regression only a problem on reboots if you used
gluster snapshots? (which proxmox doesn't). I'm currently using 3.7.10,
no issues with restarts so far.

> So one of the reasons heal may have taken so long (and also consumed
> resources) is because of a bug in self-heal where it would do heal
> from both source bricks in 3-way replication. With such a bug, heal
> would take twice the amount of time and consume resources both the
> times by the same amount.
>
> This issue is fixed at http://review.gluster.org/#/c/14008/ and will
> be available in 3.7.12.

Rats, I thought it was in 3.7.11 :( but can't it also be worked round by
disabling "cluster.data-self-heal"? or was that something else.

I'm getting pretty good heal performance with the following settings:

- features.shard-block-size: 64MB
- cluster.self-heal-window-size: 1024

--
Lindsay Mathieson