[Gluster-users] gluster processes won't start when a single node is booted

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 03:53:38 UTC 2015

I again echo the same, if one of the given two server is down, once
GlusterD comes up it *will not* start the bricks.

IMO, in your 3.5.x setup you never had both the servers down. So in that
case your brick process(es) can start. But if you bring down both the
GlusterD and then start one of them, it won't start the bricks, no
matter whether its 3.5/3.6/3.7. The whole idea of this design is to
ensure on a 2 node setup if one of the node is down and when the other
comes up, we never know whether the configuration is stale or not. So we
trust on other peer's configuration and then make the volume accessible.

An explicit volume start here spawns the brick process(es) because of
which you are able to mount.

Thanks,
Atin