[Gluster-users] Hi new to Gluster

M.Tarkeshwar Rao tarkeshwar4u at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 09:46:36 UTC 2015

Hi Nagaprasad,

Thanks for reply.

*Nature of I/O workload your application is generating:*
It is very high. Our product woking on files. It is collecting data(multi
process and multi threaded) from remote nodes and then processing it and
then it sending it to remote locations.
our Execution engine runs the processing busines logic. So huge no of
open,read,write,rename calls in the our code per second.

recently we made it scalable as well, so our business logic runs
horigontally from multiple nodes. we are collecting it in common directory
and reading it from same directory for processing.

We are using Veritas cluster file system. It is locking on directory level.
Since same directory accessed from multiple nodes. There is a delay in
processing. further it reducess performance drastically.

For improving performance we made some changes in our application by
breaking the direcotories for collection and processing.
By this we got performance improvement.

We feel if we change our file system we will get more improvement. Please
suggest.

Regards
Tarkeshwar