[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.7 and OpenShift Enterprise v3

Ryan Nix ryan.nix at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 14:34:26 UTC 2015

Hey Vijay,

Thanks for the response.

OSE 3.1, due to be released late fall, is supposed to formally support
Gluster for persistent storage. Right now Gluster support is offered as a
technology preview. We're not planning on running any CPU or network
intensive applications on OSE, at least not yet. I've seen a few of the
write ups on Gluster and Docker, however, many of them seem to be about
running* Gluster in a Docker container* which is just mind blowing to me.
:)

I suppose we should simply try Gluster as the backend for OSE v3.0 and see
how it goes. We're not planning on launching OSE v3 in production just yet.
Sadly, we've had slow internal adoption of OSE v2.2. Developers seem to
have 99 problems and deployment/hosting isn't one of them.

But are there any performance benchmarks pitting NFS v4 vs Gluster client
3.7.x?

Thanks,

Ryan