[Gluster-users] What is the recommended backup strategy for GlusterFS?

Mathieu Chateau mathieu.chateau at lotp.fr
Sat Sep 5 19:07:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

for my needs, it's about having a simple "photo" of files present 5 days
ago for example.
But i do not want to store file data twice, as most file didn't change.
Using snapshot is convenient of course, but it's risky as you loose both
data and snapshot in case of failure (snapshot only contains delta blocks).
Rsync with hardlink is more resistant (inode stay until last reference is
removed)

But interested to hear about production setup relying on it

Cordialement,
Mathieu CHATEAU
http://www.lotp.fr