[Gluster-users] snapshot directory not available on glusterfs 3.7.2

Rajesh Joseph rjoseph at redhat.com
Wed Sep 2 12:22:48 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

I am not quite sure what you are referring here. Can you please elaborate or give
link to the docs which you are referring?

> Furthermore the name of the snapshot is not as declared in the command. E.g.
> "snap1", but it is "snap1_timestamp"

In the latest release you should use no-timestamp option if you don't want timestamp added to
your snap. It is added to facilitate automation.
e.g.

gluster snapshot create snap1 volname no-timestamp

> Automounted snaps right after creation are located in:
> /dev/mapper/gluster-7cb4b2c8f8a64ceaba62bc4ca6cd76b2_0 20G 7.0G 12G 38%
> /run/gluster/snaps/7cb4b2c8f8a64ceaba62bc4ca6cd76b2/brick2
>

> My questions are now:
>
> 1) Where are the snapshots, and how to mount them from a remote machine?
> mount -t glusterfs gs2:/snaps/snapname/volname /mountpoint does not work

here snapname should be snapname_timestamp :)

> 2) how can I have know the name of the snapshot in order to automate mounting
> with a bash script. I do want to mount the latest snapshot.

As I mentioned use "no-timestamp" option