[Gluster-users] gluster 3.7.5 low speed on write and heavy load

Kandalf ® tinuro at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 12:05:25 UTC 2015

Hi,
I have 2 server with centos 7 and I want to make a replicate storage cluster for the esxi.In both server I have 4 disk in raid 5 mdadm. The write speed on that device is ~250-300MB/s all the time.I create xfs file system on the mdadm and I exported that gluster volume via native fuse nfs v3 to the esxi.Read seed is great but when I try to write to the guest vms I see 20-40MB/s only. I try the test also with gluster distributed with only one brick to one server. If I take one dd write from esxi to the cluster I receive 120mb/s the full ethernet link speed. I also try to mount to linux that volumes and try dd write and the write speed is 120mb/s.But if I try to mount an raw file image with losetup, or use vmdk files, and if I write to them, the speed is 20-40MB/s and I see 12 load on linux.Can someone help me?
Thanks!