[Gluster-users] Gluster snapshot Prerequisites

Rajesh Joseph rjoseph at redhat.com
Fri Oct 16 11:51:20 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Theoretically speaking there won't be any problem with linear, stripe or mirrored LVM. But apart from linear LV other
configurations are not extensively tested. The document you referred is from Red Hat Gluster Storage which might have a little higher
restrictions on supported use cases.

AFAIK, snapshot will have problem with clustered LVM and not with other types. But beware of performance trade-offs of different LV type.

Regards,
Rajesh