[Gluster-users] Importing bricks/datastore into new gluster

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 01:16:23 UTC 2015

On 15 October 2015 at 11:15, Pranith Kumar Karampuri <pkarampu at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Okay, so re-installation is going to change root partition, but the brick
> data is going to remain intact, am I correct? Are you going to stop the
> volume, re-install all the machines in cluster and bring them back up, or
> you want to do it one machine at a time keeping the volume active?

Yes, bricks are on a separate ZFS RAID10 array

Procedure plan is:
- Stop volume and all services
- Re-install/Upgrade all nodes (3)
- Bring Nodes up
- Import ZFS pools (should be straight forward)
- Reinstall Gluster
  * This will involve an upgrade from gluster 3.6.6 to gluster latest
(3.7.5)
- Import Gluster bricks/datastore from ZFS pools
  * This bit I am unclear on :)

I will have complete backups if things go pear shaped

Thanks,

--
Lindsay