[Gluster-users] Input/output error when using dd

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 09:57:14 UTC 2015

On Monday 12 October 2015 11:15 PM, Cobin Bluth wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I tried many things to troubleshoot my issues; recreating volumes with
> different configurations, using different installation medium for the
> OS, re-installing the gluster environment several times.
> My issues were resolved by reformatting my /opt partition from XFS to
> EXT4, then recreating the gluster volumes with EXT4-backed bricks rather
> than XFS-backed bricks.
>
> Is there a reason to believe that XFS is an improper file system to be
> used for gluster bricks?

xfs is widely used as the filesystem for gluster bricks. Is this problem
reproducible consistently with xfs backed bricks?

If you happen to have gluster logs from the previous run with xfs, can
you check where the Input/output error is stemming from? Doing a grep
-ir "Input/output error" in /var/log/glusterfs could help in figuring
out that.

Regards,
Vijay