[Gluster-users] Significant issues after update to 3.7.5 (Centos 6.7)

Mauro M. gluster at ezplanet.net
Sat Oct 10 16:05:46 UTC 2015

Hello,

Today I received the update to 3.7.5 and since the update I began to have
serious issues. My cluster has two bricks with replication.

With both bricks up I could not start the volume that was stopped soon
after the update. By taking one of the nodes down I managed finally to
start the volume, but ... with the following error:

[2015-10-10 09:40:59.600974] E [MSGID: 106123]
[glusterd-syncop.c:1404:gd_commit_op_phase] 0-management: Commit of
operation 'Volume Start' failed on localhost

At which point clients could mount the filesystem, however with:
# gluster volume status
it showed the volume as stopped.

If I stopped and started again the volume same problem, but, if I issued
again a "volume start myvolume" at this point it would show as started!

With both bricks up and running instead there is no way to start the
volume once stopped. Only if I take one of the bricks down then I can
start it with the procedure above.

I am downgrading to 3.7.4.

If you have not yet upgraded, BEWARE!