[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Ubuntu Repo for Bareos with GlusterFS support available

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Oct 6 22:35:42 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 11:24:37AM +0200, André Bauer wrote:
> Hey Gluster lists,
>
> just added Bareos with Glusterfs Libgfapi support to my Ubuntu PPA:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~monotek
>
> Packages are avialble for Ubuntu Trusty and Vivid with Glusterfs Plugins
> build against GlusterFS 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7.
>
> Feel free to try the packages. Feedback is welcome :-)
>
> Bareos is a 100% open source fork of the backup project from bacula.org.
>
> With the Glusterfs Packages for Bareos its possible to use Glusterfs via
> libgfapi as backend or backup GlusterFS volumes directly without using
> the mountpoint.

Very cool, thanks for providing these packages!

Last week the Open Source Backup Conference took place, and we've had
one presentation about the Bareos and Gluster integration. A
description on how to configure Bareos to store backups on Gluste can be
found in the Admininstrator Guide:
 - http://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Bareos/

The slides from the presentation are on
http://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/presentations/ but were created
with Bareos 14.2 (like the doc link above). The just released 15.x
version adds the option to make backups from Gluster volumes using the
new gfapi-fd File Daemon.

Cheers,
Niels