[Gluster-users] Gluster on ZFS with Compression

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 06:47:54 UTC 2015

On 30 September 2015 at 18:50, Frank Rothenstein <
f.rothenstein at bodden-kliniken.de> wrote:

> My brick
> -nodes are also ovirt-Nodes (VM-Hosts),

I should have said that my brick noders are also VM nodes (Proxmox). 64 GB
Ram, E5-2620 CPU

> rep=3, i have 3 bricks per node.

Are your bricks separate disks? I assumed it would be better to let zfs
handle multiple disks with striping/caching and just present one brick
(zpool dataset) to gluster.

>   Running VMs directly on the bricks may
> improve your VMs by using L2ARC...

Not sure what you mean by that - you run the vm direct from the brick on
zfs rather than via the gluster mount? doesn't that mess with the
replication?

thanks,

--
Lindsay