[Gluster-users] 'No data available' at clients, brick xattr ops errors on small I/O -- XFS stripe issue or repeat bug?

LaGarde, Owen M ERDC-RDE-ITL-MS Contractor Owen.M.LaGarde at erdc.dren.mil
Sat Nov 14 01:08:46 UTC 2015

I've now tried the same repeater scenario against EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, and XFS formatted bricks.  There's no change in behavior;  the discriminating detail is still only whether the build-pgfid volume option is on.  Number of bricks, distribution over servers, transport protocol, etc., can all be changed over a wide range without affecting the scope or nature of failure.

Is there anyone using build-pgfid=on, doing any fine-grained small-file I/O (such as building sizable project from source), and *not* getting xattr errors in the brick logs / undeletable files due to incomplete xattr ops?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Buhler?  Buhler?