[Gluster-users] failover

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 23:32:57 UTC 2015

You probably have quorum problems – with 2 nodes its not safe to write to a node when one is down due to the possibility of it being up but uncontactable, so potentially both nodes could be written too, leading to split brain issues.

Ideally you should setup three nodes, replica 3 with client quorum enabled. So long as any *two* nodes stay in contact, they can be written to.

Alternatively two nodes plus one arbiter node will work as well.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10