[Gluster-users] File Corruption with shards - 100% reproducable

Krutika Dhananjay kdhananj at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 11:55:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

Although I do not have experience with VM live migration, IIUC, it is got to do with a different server (and as a result a new glusterfs client process) taking over the operations and mgmt of the VM.
If this is a correct assumption, then I think this could be the result of the same caching bug that I talked about sometime back in 3.7.5, which is fixed in 3.7.6.
The issue could cause the new client to not see the correct size and block count of the file, leading to errors in reads (perhaps triggered by the restart of the vm) and writes on the image.

-Krutika