[Gluster-users] File Corruption with shards - 100% reproducable

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 22:23:25 UTC 2015

Gluster 3.7.5, gluster repos, on proxmox (debian 8)

I have an issue with VM images (qcow2) being corrupted.

- gluster replica 3, shards on, shard size = 256MB
- Gluster nodes are all also VM host nodes
- VM image mounted from qemu via gfapi

To reproduce
- Start VM
- live migrate it to another node
- VM will rapidly become unresponsive and have to be stopped
- attempting to restart the vm results in a "qcow2: Image is corrupt;
cannot be opened read/write" error.

I have never seen this before. 100% reproducible with shards on, never
happens with shards off.

I don't think this happens when using NFS to access the shard volume, I
suspect because with NFS it is still accessing the one node, whereas with
gfapi it's handed off to the node the VM is running on.

--
Lindsay