[Gluster-users] Getting the best performance v lowest energy use and small form factor

Thing thing.thing at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 20:37:26 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Looking at running a 2 node gluster setup to feed a small Virtualisation
setup.  I need it to be low energy use, low purchase cost and small form
factor so I am looking at 2 mini-itx motherboards.

Does anyone know what sort of throughput I can expect? ie I am looking for
as good as a single drive in the VMare/kvm box but simply having redundancy
for data protection and availability so nothing huge is required.

Motherboards / chipsets to look for that give great disk i/o?

ie I'd pay a premium for say a gigabyte motherbaord with a XX chipset if it
had noticable better disk i/o.