[Gluster-users] Network Topology Question

Patrick Ernst patrick.ernst at bullites.com
Fri May 22 06:41:42 UTC 2015

Hi there,

I'm planning to setup a 3-Node Cluster for oVirt and would like to use 56 GBe (RoCe)
exclusively for GlusterFS. Since 56 GBe switches are far too expensive and  it's not
planned to add more nodes and furthermore this would add a SPOF I'd like to
cross connect the nodes as shown in the diagram below:

Node 1   Node 2    Node3

This way there's a dedicated 56 Gbit connection to/from each member node.

Is is possible to do this with GlusterFS?
My first thought was to have different IPs on each node's /etc/host mapped to the node
hostnames but I'm unsure if I can force GlusterFS to hostnames instead of IPs.

Patrick