[Gluster-users] Fwd:Re: client is terrible with large amount of small files

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Tue May 5 10:21:58 UTC 2015

On 05/05/2015 03:43 PM, Kamal wrote:
> Hi Vijay,
>
>        We Tried the same. But its doesn't improve speed.
>
> For testing glusterfs, we are running storage in virtual machines. Is
> that will make any difference ?

Performance testing on physical machines is a better bet as it takes
some variables away from the equation.

Since you happen to use a replicated volume, can you try by enabling
this option?

gluster volume set <volname> cluster.ensure-durability off

Additionally you might want to try "strace -Tcf git clone .." and
"gluster volume profile ..." to figure out where the latency is stemming
from.

> But, copying the same folder between two storage machines is really
> fast. fyi.

Does this copying involve gluster or not?

Regards,
Vijay