[Gluster-users] Configure glusterfs for machines with multiple nics

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Sun May 3 23:58:09 UTC 2015

Hi, I am not sure if the best practice to use machines with multiple
nics for glusterfs is to use bonding.

http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Network_Configuration_Techniques

For example, I have the following lines in /etc/network/interfaces.
For regular applications, I am not able to see any performance improve
as expected. I'm not able to compare between bonding and nonbonding
and see how glusterfs performance is improved.

auto em1
iface em1 inet manual
bond-master bond0

auto em2
iface em2 inet manual
bond-master bond0

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
bond-mode balance-alb
bond-miimon 100
bond-slaves none

An alternative is to configure the two NICs as two separate
interfaces, and let glusterfs use both interfaces. Is it possible?

Peng