[Gluster-users] Shrinking gluster filesystem in 3.6.2

Lilley, John F. johnbot at caltech.edu
Mon Mar 30 23:42:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'd like to shrink my aws/ebs-based *distribute-only* gluster file system by migrating the data to other already existing, active and partially utilized bricks but found the 'replace-brick start' mentioned in the documentation is now deprecated.  I see that there has been some back and forth on the mailing list regarding migrating data using self-heal on a replicated system but not so much on a distribute-only file system. Can anyone tell me the blessed way of doing this in 3.6.2? Is there one?

To be clear, all of the ebs-based bricks are partially utilized at this point so I'd need a method to migrate the data first.

Thank You,
John