[Gluster-users] SSL ciphers

Melkor Lord melkor.lord at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 08:41:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

Now that I got SSL running properly I wanted to fiddle a bit with it,
namely its cipher-list and there's something that if not good IMHO.

SSLv2 is obsolete and dangerous but SSLv3 is also largely deprecated, even
the first versions of TLS are deprecated.

A strict minimum for a cipher-list should be :

HIGH:!SSLv2:!SSLv3:!TLSv1:!TLSv1.1:!3DES:!RC4:!aNULL:!ADH

"MEDIUM" is also acceptable but ciphers should start at least at TLSv1.2!

The problem with Gluster setting is that's impossible to go above

HIGH:!SSLv2:!3DES:!RC4:!aNULL:!ADH

Which is bad.. Gluster uses SSL only and not TLS :-( An upgrade should be
considered.

--
Unix _IS_ user friendly, it's just selective about who its friends are.