[Gluster-users] Issue glusterfs 3.6.2

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 10:36:55 UTC 2015

On 03/18/2015 03:24 PM, Félix de Lelelis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with glusterfs 3.6. I am monitoring it with scripts that
> lunch "gluster volume status VONAME detail" and "gluster volume profile
> VOLNAME info". When this scripts are running about 1-2 hours, with check
> every 1 minute, gluster is blocked and  the node generates "Another
> transaction is in progress". The only way to restore the situation is
> restart glusterd.
>
> Can you help me please.
This is expected. Concurrent transactions on a same volumes are not
allowed. There is a cluster wide volume lock maintained by glusterd. In
this case since both these commands are for VOLNAME, any one of two
would throw an error saying "Another transaction is in progress". If you
ensure that there is a time gap between these two commands in your
script, you can get rid of this situation.

~Atin

> Thanks

~Atin