[Gluster-users] expanding distributed and replicated volume size. pretty urgent.

Roman romeo.r at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 13:48:21 UTC 2015

Hi,

This is the question to the whole community and for devs too. So feel free
to answer, if you have some experience with this.

I've found a lot of information about expanding volumes by adding another
volume on another server means, but am I able to just expand the volume
inside one distributed volume environment?

I mean this: I'm running 2 servers and a distributed volume of 700 GB (350
GB on server1 and 350GB on server2)

So what I'd like to do is to stop the volume, unmount the lvm volume,
expand the lvm volume, run resize2fs on it on both servers, mount back and
start the gluster distributed volume again. Will it work? Works the same
way with replicated volume?

--
Best regards,
Roman.