[Gluster-users] Need advice: GlusterFS replicated on arrays with different speed!!!

Ben Turner bturner at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 03:58:57 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

I would try to match similar speed drives in replicated pairs.  When you create the volume do something like:

gluster v create testvol transport tcp replica 2 node1:/fast node2:/fast node3:/slow node4:/slow

I can't think of anything functionally that would cause a problem, you would only write as fast as your slowest brick in the pair though.  I see something similar when a disk in my RAID goes bad and starts running in degraded mode.  Things work you are just limited to the speed of the slowest brick in the replicated pair.

-b