[Gluster-users] Quorum setup for 2+1

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 15:05:11 UTC 2015

> I have a follow-up question.
> When a node is disconnected from the rest, the client gets an error
> message "Transport endpoint is not connected" and all access is
> prevented. Write access must not be allowed to such a node. I understand
> that.
> In my case it would be a desired feature to be able to at least read
> files. Is it possible to retain read-only access?

Client-side quorum can do this with the cluster.quorum-reads option, but
it lacks support for arbiters.  The options you've set enforce quorum at
the server side, by killing brick daemons if quorum is lost.  I suppose
it might be possible to add the read-only translator instead of killing
the daemon, but AFAIK there's no plan to add that feature.