[Gluster-users] glusterd and ctdb services whit problem

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 13:53:40 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:14:00AM -0300, Marcelo Barbosa wrote:
> Niels,
>
>    Very thank you, I change all IP address information in log of gluster
> using sed, I solved this problem with my hand, I suggest our create one
> simple command: 'change ip' for gluster, how can I send one patch about
> this ?

Start by filing a bug against the glusterd component. The GlusterD guys
would be the ones that can check if the script is doing the right thing.
I think that only 'sed' is not sufficient. Some of the files under
/var/lib/glusterd/ have the hostname or ip-address in the filename. You
would need to rename them too (or maybe only on certain occasions?).

After you have a bug, and a Gerrit account with a public ssh-key
uploaded, you should clone the git repository that contains the
glusterfs sources:

    $ git clone ssh://ndevos@git.gluster.org/glusterfs

Some users are limited by their company firewall, they should also set a
HTTP password in their Gerrit settings:

    http://review.gluster.org/#/settings/http-password

That should (I did not try it) allow you to clone using the http(s?)
transport:

    $ git clone http://ndevos@review.gluster.org/glusterfs

Once you have the clone, start a new branch for your script:

    $ git checkout -t -b rename-storage-server origin/master

Make the changes, add the script and all:

    $ cp /path/to/script extras/change-ip.sh
    $ git add extras/change-ip.sh
    $ git commit extras/change-ip.sh
    (edit the commit message, have a one-line subject and some text on
     how to use this script and what it does. Add a Signed-off-line with
     your full name and email address.)

Check the commit:

    $ git show

If you would like to make some changes to the commit message, you can
use this command:

    $ git commit --amend

Once done, you can use this to submit the change to review.gluster.org:

    $ ./rfc.sh

While running that script, it will ask you for a bug number, enter the
number of the bug you opened earlier. When the script is done, the bug
should get a note that a patch was submitted for review.

Most of this should also be included in the wiki page that explains how
to submit patches. If something is missing there, anyone is free to add
more details:

    http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Simplified_dev_workflow

If you (or any one else) has difficulties with these instructions, reply
to this email. I'll try to explain whatever questions you have. Try to
keep the list on CC, you are most likely not the only one with the
questions :)

Good luck,
Niels