[Gluster-users] Geo-replication (v3.5.3)

John Gardeniers jgardeniers at objectmastery.com
Wed Mar 11 01:00:49 UTC 2015

Using Gluster v3.5.3 and trying to follow the geo-replication
instructions
(https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/doc/admin-guide/en-US/markdown/admin_distributed_geo_rep.md),
step by step, gets me nowhere.

The slave volume has been created and passwordless SSH is set up for
root from the master to slave. Both master and slave volumes are running.

Running "gluster system:: execute gsec_create", no problem.
Running "gluster volume geo-replication <master_volume>
<slave_host>::<slave_volume> create push-pem [force]" (with appropriate
parameters, with and without "force") results in "Passwordless ssh login
has not been setup with <slave_server>. geo-replication command failed"

As I said, passwordless SSH *is* set up. I can SSH from the master to
the slave without a password just fine. What gives? More to the point,
how do I make this work.

regards,
John