[Gluster-users] Minutes of todays Gluster Community Bug Triage meeting

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 12:56:16 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 11:09:51PM -0400, Niels de Vos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This meeting is scheduled for anyone that is interested in learning more
> about, or assisting with the Bug Triage.
>
> Meeting details:
> - location: #gluster-meeting on Freenode IRC
> - date: every Tuesday
> - time: 12:00 UTC, 13:00 CET (run: date -d "12:00 UTC")
> - agenda: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-bug-triage
>
> Currently the following items are listed:
> * Roll Call
> * Status of last weeks action items
> * Group Triage
> * Open Floor
>
> The last two topics have space for additions. If you have a suitable bug
> or topic to discuss, please add it to the agenda.

Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-03-10/gluster-meeting.2015-03-10-12.00.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-03-10/gluster-meeting.2015-03-10-12.00.txt
Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/gluster-meeting/2015-03-10/gluster-meeting.2015-03-10-12.00.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* Agenda: https://public.pad.fsfe.org/p/gluster-bug-triage  (ndevos,
  12:00:37)
* Roll Call  (ndevos, 12:00:43)

* Last weeks action items  (ndevos, 12:03:05)
  * subtopic: lalatenduM will send a reminder to the users- and devel-
    ML about (and how to) fixing Coverity defects  (ndevos, 12:03:42)
  * ACTION: lalatenduM 's automated Coverity setup in Jenkins need
    assistance from an admin with more permissions  (ndevos, 12:07:09)
  * AGREED: Try to find someone (not lalatenduM) to send the Coverity
    reminder/howto to the lists  (ndevos, 12:09:08)
  * subtopic lalatenduM initiate a discussion with the RH Gluster team
    to triage their own bugs when they report them  (ndevos, 12:09:23)
  * AGREED: RH QE/dev people should now know how to triage their own
    bugs, we'll talk to hagarth about it if they fail to do so  (ndevos,
    12:12:09)
  * subtopic: ndevos  will send an email to gluster-devel with some
    standard bugzilla  queries/links to encourage developers to take
    NEW+Triaged bugs  (ndevos, 12:12:38)
  * subtopic: lalatenduM will look into using nightly builds for
    automated testing, and will report issues/success to the mailinglist
    (ndevos, 12:13:40)
  * ACTION: ndevos needs to look into building nightly debug rpms that
    can be used for testing  (ndevos, 12:18:39)
  * ACTION: lalatenduM and ndevos need to think about and decide how to
    provide/use debug builds  (ndevos, 12:21:08)
  * ACTION: lalatenduM provide a simple step/walk-through on how to
    provide testcases for the nightly rpm tests  (ndevos, 12:25:55)
  * ACTION: ndevos to propose some test-cases for minimal libgfapi tests
    (ndevos, 12:26:36)

* Group Triage  (ndevos, 12:28:43)

* Open Floor  (ndevos, 12:50:23)

Meeting ended at 12:51:52 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* lalatenduM 's automated Coverity setup in Jenkins need assistance from
  an admin with more permissions
* ndevos needs to look into building nightly debug rpms that can be used
  for testing
* lalatenduM and ndevos need to think about and decide how to
  provide/use debug builds
* lalatenduM provide a simple step/walk-through on how to provide
  testcases for the nightly rpm tests
* ndevos to propose some test-cases for minimal libgfapi tests

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* lalatenduM
  * lalatenduM 's automated Coverity setup in Jenkins need assistance
    from an admin with more permissions
  * lalatenduM and ndevos need to think about and decide how to
    provide/use debug builds
  * lalatenduM provide a simple step/walk-through on how to provide
    testcases for the nightly rpm tests
* ndevos
  * ndevos needs to look into building nightly debug rpms that can be
    used for testing
  * lalatenduM and ndevos need to think about and decide how to
    provide/use debug builds
  * ndevos to propose some test-cases for minimal libgfapi tests
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
* ndevos (69)