[Gluster-users] Simple replicate with 2 servers

Michaël Couren couren at abes.fr
Mon Mar 9 09:52:47 UTC 2015

Hi,
I built a simple configuration (glusterfs 3.6.2) with only 2 machines.

First defined a trusted server pool of 2 servers, S1 and S2 :
  S1# gluster peer probe S2

Then I defined a replicated volume with 2 brocks. S1 has brick1 and S2 brick2 :
  S1# gluster volume create test replica 2 transport tcp S1:/gluster/test S2:/gluster/test

(/gluster are separate xfs volumes on a SAN)

All options are default except nfs.disable=on

Mounting at reboot is OK with this /etc/fstab :
  10.0.0.1:/test /test glusterfs defaults,_netdev,backupvolfile-server=10.0.0.2 0 0

Problem : If I reboot - or stop S2, volume on S1 is blocked.
But I want to be able to write in /gluster/test/ and expect S2 to sync when its back.

This uses to function a couple of month ago with an older version of glusterfs
 but not anymore now...

So : What exact options do I need to achieve this ?

Thanks
--
Cordialement / Best regards, Michaël Couren,
ABES, Montpellier, France.