[Gluster-users] Isssue with glusterFS on docker

RAGHAVENDRA TALUR raghavendra.talur at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 07:01:46 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Manju Nath <manjubs.mail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have installed glusterFS 3.5.1 on a docker container. Container is
> installed with RHEL7.
>
> We have executed following commands, but after mount if i check the
> mounted partition we are getting Input/output error.
>
> Can any one please help us what is the reason for this?
>
> gluster peer probe GlusterFSgeo
> gluster peer probe GlusterFSprimary
> gluster peer probe GlusterFSsecondary
>
> gluster volume create gv-afr replica 3 transport tcp
>  GlusterFSprimary:/DGdata/ReplicatedStore
> GlusterFSsecondary:/DGdata/ReplicatedStore
> GlusterFSgeo:/DGdata/ReplicatedStore/ force
>

> /usr/sbin/gluster volume start gv-afr
> mount -t glusterfs $LOCAL_IP_ADDRESS:gv-afr /mnt/glusterfs/
>

> [root at BP kodiak]# ls /mnt/glusterfs/cdr
> ls: cannot access /mnt/glusterfs/cdr: Input/output error
> [root at BP kodiak]#

I have been able to run gluster in docker before. There might be many
reasons why you get IO error.
Most likely is that you do not have a dev/fuse file and mount failed.
Looking at the mount log should
give more info.

Here is the command to get the dev fuse file.
mknod /dev/fuse c 10 229

NOTE: You have to do that in a running container in privileged mode.

Here is my github repo having dockerfile and helper scripts.
https://github.com/raghavendra-talur/Gluster-in-Docker

Thanks,
Raghavendra Talur