[Gluster-users] Glusterfs Geo-replication and qcow2 different size

wodel youchi wodel_doom at yahoo.fr
Sun Mar 1 11:55:12 UTC 2015

Hi,
I have a 03 nodes setup (Centos7x64 latest updates, glusterfs 3.6.1 latest updates).

Master: 02 nodes  (g1 and g2) are on replicated mode with 02 volumes data1 and data2, each volume is constituted of one brick.Slave: the 3rd node (g3) is for Geo-Rep with also 2 volumes slavedata1 and slavedata2I am using the geo-rep with a user geoaccount1 and group geogroup1.the setup was successfully made and geo-rep started.
When verifying the size between the master (g1,g2) and the slave g3, I noticed that one VM with qcow2 file format has 3Go on the master and 15Go on the slave, but when I executed "ls -lh" on all servers they showed the same size 15Go (the VM's disk size).
I know that a qcow2 file grows with the growth of the VM.
But, why with replicated volumes (g1 and g2) we get the same size 3Go, and with the geo-rep we get the whole file size? is this normal? could this be a problem?
thanks in advance.