[Gluster-users] Ubuntu 14.04 LTS kernel upgrade has bricked my Gluster brick.

Ernie Dunbar maillist at lightspeed.ca
Thu Jun 18 22:10:27 UTC 2015

Hi everyone.

Today I did the latest security updates for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and after
rebooting my failover/testing node for the new kernel version
(3.13.0-55.62), the server no longer boots with the following message:

The disk drive for /brick1 is not ready yet or not present.
keys:Continue to wait, or Press S to skip mounting or M for manual
recovery

If I manage to skip the mounting, I can complete the boot process, but I
still can't mount brick1 from fstab. So gluster doesn't work on this
node at all. The first, primary node is still up, waiting for that
fateful reboot that will break everything that needs our gluster share.

What do I do from here?