[Gluster-users] [Nfs-ganesha-devel] Problems in /usr/libexec/ganesha/dbus-send.sh and ganesha dbus interface when disabling exports from gluster

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 17:41:49 UTC 2015

On 06/17/2015 10:57 PM, Alessandro De Salvo wrote:
> Hi,
> when disabling exports from gluster 3.7.1, by using gluster vol set <volume> ganesha.enable off, I always get the following error:
>
> Error: Dynamic export addition/deletion failed. Please see log file for details
>
> This message is produced by the failure of /usr/libexec/ganesha/dbus-send.sh, and in fact if I manually perform the command to remove the share I see:
you got it wrong. '/usr/libexec/ganesha/dbus-send.sh' is used by
Gluster-CLI to unexport the volume "gluster volume set <volname>
ganesha.enable off" which rightly deletes the export file too while
un-exporting the volume.

> # dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.ganesha.nfsd /org/ganesha/nfsd/ExportMgr org.ganesha.nfsd.exportmgr.RemoveExport uint16:2
> Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
>
> So, there is a timeout and it fails completely.
Check if nfs-ganesha is still running. There was a bug in unexporting
the volume. Its been fixed recently in V2.3-dev, yet to be back-ported
to V2.2-stable branch.
https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/236129/

Thanks,
Soumya