[Gluster-users] performance.cache-size

Mathieu Chateau mathieu.chateau at lotp.fr
Wed Jun 17 06:39:08 UTC 2015

Hello,

I can't find explicit information, so I am trying here...

Is cache only done on client side ? I saw it for quota feature (that I am
not using).

My bricks have 32GB of ram, but only kernel cache is using it. Gluster
daemon are taking very few (0.4% max for one of them).

I have 5 volumes, all set up with performance.cache-size to 1GB

But on clients, some gluster daemon are taking actually 1GB of ram and even
more on some.

Can someone confirm this setting only make cache on clients ?

Is kernel cache on bricks much useful ? I have memory, so I can add more on
clients, I just want to know impacts before setting performance.cache-size
to 4GB for example.

I have small files and I am trying to cache whenever possible to speed up
things

Thanks

Regards,
Mathieu CHATEAU