[Gluster-users] [Nfs-ganesha-devel] Questions on ganesha HA and shared storage size

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 22:20:02 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 06:50:21PM -0500, Malahal Naineni wrote:
> Kaleb Keithley [kkeithle at redhat.com] wrote:
> > But note that nfs-ganesha in EPEL[67] is built with a) glusterfs-api-3.6.x from Red Hat's "downstream" glusterfs, and b) the "bundled" static version of ntirpc, not the shared lib in the stand-along package above. If you're trying to use these packages with glusterfs-3.7.x then I guess I'm not too surprised if something isn't working. Look for nfs-ganesha packages built against glusterfs-3.7.x in the CentOS Storage SIG or watch for the same on download.gluster.org. They're not there yet, but they will be eventually.
>
> If I understood the issue, he wasn't even using gluster FSAL (he wasn't
> using any exports at all). His issue is probably unrelated to any
> gluster API changes.

It seems that un-bunding the libntirpc causes this problem. Bisecting
the NFS-Ganesha package builds for the epel7 branch show this. Also,
re-bundling the libntirpc package makes nfs-ganesha-2.2.0 work again. I
do not know yet where the actual problem is, maybe the libntirpc package
in Fedora/EPEL does not work correctly, or there are some linker changes
needed for NFS-Ganesha to build against the non-bundled libntirpc.

I've only tested on CentOS-7 for now. Maybe the Fedora 22 libntirpc and
nfs-ganesha packages have the same problem?

In case someone cares, this is my patch against the current epel7
nfs-ganesha.spec: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/232837/44926521/

Cheers,
Niels