[Gluster-users] Move bricks from one distributed volume to another

Atin Mukherjee atin.mukherjee83 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 04:14:28 UTC 2015

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4
On 14 Jun 2015 06:24, "Ryan Clough" <ryan.clough at dsic.com> wrote:

> Anyone? Is this not possible?

AFAIK, this is not possible.
> On Jun 10, 2015 11:47 PM, "Ryan Clough" <ryan.clough at dsic.com> wrote:
>>
>> My apologies if this has already been answered but my Google foo
produced only one promising thread that did not satisfy me completely.

>> Right now we have two distribute volumes consisting of two bricks each.
>>  Both are quite full around 70% of 52TB. Our use cases have shifted
quite a bit since these two volumes were set up and what we would like to
do is basically combine the two volumes into one larger volume. Can we take
the bricks from one volume and add them to an existing volume and preserve
the data on the brick being moved? And what would be best way to go about
doing this?

>> We are running 3.7.1 on all nodes and clients. Thank you for your time.
>> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>> Ryan Clough
>> Information Systems
>> Decision Sciences International Corporation
>

> This email and its contents are confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not disclose or use the information within this email
or its attachments. If you have received this email in error, please report
the error to the sender by return email and delete this communication from
your records.