[Gluster-users] geo-replication vs replicated volumes

Gabriel Kuri gkuri at ieee.org
Wed Jun 10 21:29:55 UTC 2015

Thanks for the replies, it helps to better understand the architecture.

Is master-master planned for geo-replication?

What is the downfall or problems associated with attempting to run basic
replicated volume (synchronous) across servers in separate data centers
with latency <75ms and about 1Gbps of bandwidth between them? The write
load would not be high at all, I'm talking about occasional writes here and
there, less than a megabyte or two per write and maybe 3 or 4 a minute, on
average.

Thanks ...