[Gluster-users] root squash and git clone

Ryan Clough ryan.clough at dsic.com
Tue Jun 9 02:31:44 UTC 2015

We had seen this at some point back in the Gluster 3.5.x days but have not
seen it since 3.6.x. If you are truly using fully licensed Red Hat Storage
then I would leverage Red Hat support directly.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ryan Clough
Information Systems
Decision Sciences International Corporation
<http://www.decisionsciencescorp.com/>

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 6:34 PM, Prasun Gera <prasun.gera at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone noticed this ? This is easily reproducible for me. It's a bit
> strange though since a) git clone isn't/shouldn't be doing anything as root
> and b) if it were, it would have failed similarly on a regular(not
> glusterfs) nfs mount with root squash for me, which it doesn't.
>
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 7:22 AM, Prasun Gera <prasun.gera at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Version: RHS 3.0
>>
>> I noticed that if server.root-squash is set on, clients get permissions
>> errors on git commands like git clone. Is this a known issue ? I confirmed
>> that the write permissions to the destination directories were correct, and
>> normal writes were working fine. git clones would fail though with:
>>
>> error:unable to write sha1 filename ....
>> fatal :cannot store pack file
>> fatal :index-pack failed

This email and its contents are confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not disclose or use the information within this email
or its attachments. If you have received this email in error, please report
the error to the sender by return email and delete this communication from
your records.