[Gluster-users] Questions on ganesha HA and shared storage size

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 11:53:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

Please find the slides of the demo video at [1]

We recommend to have a distributed replica volume as a shared volume for
better data-availability.

Size of the volume depends on the workload you may have. Since it is
used to maintain states of NLM/NFSv4 clients, you may calculate the size
of the volume to be minimum of aggregate of
  (typical_size_of'/var/lib/nfs'_directory +
~4k*no_of_clients_connected_to_each_of_the_nfs_servers_at_any_point)

We shall document about this feature sooner in the gluster docs as well.

Thanks,
Soumya

[1] - http://www.slideshare.net/SoumyaKoduri/high-49117846