[Gluster-users] can you change a brick's mount point?

Nathan Hand (Business) nathanh at manu.com.au
Sun Jun 7 14:34:27 UTC 2015

I have a simple distributed volume with two bricks.

     # gluster volume info myvolume
     Volume Name: myvolume
     Type: Distribute
     Volume ID: b0193509-817b-4f77-8f65-4cfeb384bedb
     Number of Bricks: 2
     Transport-type: tcp
     Bricks:
     Brick1: zeus.lan:/mnt/pool-lvol1/brick0
     Brick2: io.lan:/data/glusterfs/myvolume/brick2/anchor

I’d like to change Brick1’s path to follow Brick2’s naming convention, i.e. /data/glusterfs/myvolume/brick1/anchor

I can easily change Brick1’s mount point, but I don’t know how to tell gluster about the new location.

Options I’ve considered:

    * Editing /var/lib/glusterd/vols by hand, but that could be foolish.
    * Adding brick3, removing brick1, adding brick1, removing brick3.

Is there a better way? Preferably one that doesn’t need brick3 because I don’t have a brick that large lying around.