[Gluster-users] Resolving peer rejected

Andreas Hollaus Andreas.Hollaus at ericsson.com
Thu Jun 4 14:40:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

I found this 'pretty easy' but rather complicated ;-) guide for resolving the peer
rejected state:

------><-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolving Peer Rejected

Peer Rejected is a state a peer can be in. If you see a peer in this state when you
run 'gluster peer status' that
means volume configuration on that peer is out of sync with the rest of the cluster.

Fixing this is pretty easy...

On the rejected peer:

    Stop glusterd
    In /var/lib/glusterd, delete everything except glusterd.info (the UUID file)
    Start glusterd
    Probe one of the good peers
    Restart glusterd, check 'gluster peer status'
    You may need to restart glusterd another time or two, keep checking peer status.

Try the whole procedure a couple more times if it doesn't work right away.

(http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Resolving_Peer_Rejected)

I seem to achieve the same result by detaching the peer and then attaching it again.
Is the official solution better in any way? My way seems almost too simple to be
true, so I'm not sure I can trust it...

Regards
Andreas