[Gluster-users] Reinstall OS while keeping bricks intact

Prasun Gera prasun.gera at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 14:24:33 UTC 2015

Thanks. I'm planning to keep the hostname and ip the same. Essentially, I
want to overwrite the /boot and / partitions. The document in step 3 seems
to describe the general method of replacing the node which would work even
if the gluster configuration and the brick on the node is not recoverable.
In my case, I'm reasonably sure that both of those are unaffected. Hence, I
was interested in knowing if just restoring the gluster configuration
from  /var/lib/glusterd
and /etc/glusterfs on the newly installed OS would work. If this is more
dangerous, I can follow steps in the doc you linked. From a cursory
examination, the steps in that document seem more complicated.