[Gluster-users] Migrate from existing NFS share to Gluster

Clay Stuckey claystuckey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 17:05:05 UTC 2015

I have an existing CentOS server with a non-LVM ext4 filesystem created
with parted that is 12 TB in size (6TB used). It is being exported via
NFS/Samba to Linux/Windows clients. I want to install gluster on this
existing server and to another new server and create a replica pair of
nodes without relocating the data or taking it out of production. Once
done,  I would then convert the client mounts as needed. Is this
feasible/advisable being that the filesystem is not XFS and I want to
convert the existing folder to a brick without moving the data? Will I need
to create the empty gluster brick and migrate the date over?

--
Clay Stuckey
Email: claystuckey at gmail.com