[Gluster-users] GlusterFS 3.7.2 and ACL

Jüri Palis jyri.palis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 12:34:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

setfacl for dir on local filesystem:

1. set acl setfacl -m g:x_meie_sec-test02:rx test
2. get acl

# getfacl test
user::rwx
group::r-x
group:x_meie_sec-test02:r-x
mask::r-x
other::r-x

setfacl for dir on GlusterFS volume which is NFS mounted to client system

1. same command is used for setting ACE, no error is returned by that command
2. get acl

#getfacl test
user::rwx
group::r-x
other::---

If I use ordinary file as a target on GlusterFS like this

setfacl -m g:x_meie_sec-test02:rw dummy

then ACE entry is set for file dummy stored on GlusterFS

# getfacl dummy
user::rw-
group::r--
group:x_meie_sec-test02:rw-
mask::rw-
other::—

So, as you can see setting ACLs for files works but does not work for directories.

This all is happening on CentOS7, running GlusterFS 3.7.2

J.