[Gluster-users] backupvolfile-server fqdn vs short

SATHEESARAN sasundar at redhat.com
Fri Jul 24 17:01:49 UTC 2015

On 07/24/2015 01:56 AM, Alastair Neil wrote:
> yes certain - the mount command is in the fstab and it uses all fully
> qualified domain names.

Alastair,

'backupvolfile-server' option accepts only one hostname or FQDN.
Reading your older mail thread, I see that you are using 2 hostnames.

'backupvolfile-server' mount option is available only for backward
compatibility purpose.
You can use - "backup-volfile-servers" option which accepts multiple
hostnames delimited by ":"

For eg. # mount -t glusterfs -o backup-volfile-servers=host1:host2
<server>:/<vol-name>  <mount-point>

-- Satheesaran S