[Gluster-users] gluster in cloud environment

Timo Schaepe info at timoschaepe.de
Thu Jul 23 10:11:28 UTC 2015

Hey guys,

we are trying to use gluster 3.6.4 in a cloud environment. Creating the gluster itself is not a problem. Mounting the created vol from a machine in the cloud infrastructure is not a problem. But when I am trying to mount the created gluster vol from an external machine it fails. In the log files of the client I can see that gluster is annoucing the bricks with the cloud infrastructure internal ips, which are not accessible from outside of the cloud. When I change the internal ips to the public domain names in /var/lib/glusterd/gv0.tcp-fuse.vol on every cluster host it works seamless. I definitely think that this is not the recommended way to solve this problem. Of course it breaks, if I add another bricks to the gluster.

Is there a possibility to change the annouced ip adresses?
Or is there another way to solve this problem?

Thanks,

	Timo